Iguassu Falls

Iguassu Falls

Calling the Others

Writing Theme Music

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Unknown Culprit and their Cotton Balls of Yuck



Remember this: Pay attention to everything. Don't touch that tainted cotton ball. It could be covered with something you don't want.


I ran amuck on a Wildlife Managed area for a couple of hours. I was bored. I asked the dog did she want to go for a ride. We clamored up in the vehicle and mozied on down to the river. After seeing many a thing, I drove home while the dog slept. Figures...

I decided to cut the grass in the woods. I care for this small acreage, which has turned into a rather nice habitat. It has a water source and lots of plants. There is millet and other plants there for the wild birds, quail, and deer. I clean the paths and make soft edges. I provide bird houses in the form of gourds, sugar boards, and whatever else I can put out. Sometimes, I see this one turkey that skulks around on his stomach like Count Turkula. That is the only turkey I have ever seen that will stalk the person instead of you stalking him.

I will say, I was ecstatic that I observed some bobwhite quail tooling around down there. Big win because you don't see them often.

On my way down to the woods, I was looking at the high grass on the edge of the horse pasture (see above photo), which is now filled with drying corn stalks. I looked over and saw some cotton balls pinned to the grass. I thought, “What is this now? It is not even September. Someone is already doing naughty stuff.” Looked like a case of trespassing and questionable behavior.

I called my dad. He didn't know anything about it. I broke one off without touching the pen. It looked like someone put something yellow on it, even though it was out in rain. There was no smell either. I have no idea how long it has been there. From the stain, maybe a week. It kind of grossed me out that it might be human body fluids, but I hoped it was something else.

I guess someone is either baiting deer to come to that corner of the fence now, or it is something to run them off. Everything is dry as a bone. There is no gardens in the area. There is soybeans, but the deer can walk out from anywhere to eat them. I can't imagine why Unknown Culprit would be putting cotton balls in my dad's field. The neighbor was watching me. I proceeded to cut the grass.

Last deer season, I did not hunt. I watched everyone else to see what was going on. I know what the culprits are doing. I am going to have to walk around looking for cotton balls or tampons around this property that has been laced with God knows what.

Now that I have clothes pins, I should have them fingerprinted.

People are just spiteful and bored these days. Go cook some bacon, Man, if you want to make bad-good choices. Watch Days of Our Lives if you want drama. 

Here I am working on a habitat for things to live in and some evil person is trying to undermine my endeavor. I shake my head at this. When I consider the world at large these days, I am not surprised. 

It is July and August will be next month. Now would be a good time to do deer stand maintenance. You might would also start looking around to see if someone is doing things on your property they shouldn't. If someone is baiting deer in July, they have a serious problem. Where is the game warden when you need one.

I guess it is time someone goes to jail....can't say I didn't warn them.


Written by: Angelia Y Larrimore, Grossed Out by Yucky Cotton Balls.