Iguassu Falls

Iguassu Falls

Calling the Others

Writing Theme Music

Sunday, August 17, 2014

A Very Curious Fawn.


Remember this: You never know what you'll see. Get outside.


It was extremely hot this afternoon. I wanted to take my father's dog for her evening  ride out to the watermelon patch. We sit out in the middle of a horse pasture eating watermelon. The watermelon row is short but the drought, then flood of water, has cause the melons to stunt. Some rot in the field before they even turn ripe inside. It's a hazard, along with the out-of-control grass. I am just glad I have snake boots. I decided to see what the state of affairs were in regards to flooded areas that needed to be bushhogged. Everything is a hot mess. High grass is everywhere. I shook my head. My son would have to wait to cut the grass.

While out riding around, I came across this pair of fawns standing in the soybean field. This little fellow posed up a storm instead of running off in the treeline. First it stared, then whipped its tongue out several times tasting the air. The fawn started to come over to me, but I didn't want it to. The fawn decided it would be best to walk off into the bushes. I was glad. These were well fed fawns as you can see. Usually, when I am messing about in the woods with my plants, little deer will become curious and come just close enough to you. I take a look then ignore them. If you act like you don't see them, the less scared they are. By the time hunting season comes, shooting puts the fear of God in them fast enough; sadly to say. The only thing trying my patience is the fact my camera is malfunctioning. On the distance setting, the image doesn't stablize and looks somewhat blurry. It also jumps back and forth between options on the option button; drives me batty. If it breaks, I will not be able to get a better one. It has been a good camera.

One other time, I became ecstatic seeing a huge turkey poult.  I got a photo of one of the little turkey birds. I warned the neighbors to watch their dogs, become one of them has a mean little dachsund and a red nose pit with no training whatsoever. Domestic pets menace them just as much as wild animals.

When I see these little babies I am so happy. They give you hours of fun when you watch them because they play alot. Even though they are eating machines, I still like them.

A week ago, a white plane was pretending to be the Red Baron over the woods behind the house, which annoyed me. The pilot seemed to be running the deer. Whether this was on purpose is unknown to me. I didn't know who it was, but the plane spooked the deer so badly they would not come out the woods for a week. I almost thought the plane was going to crash in the duck pond. You just never know with people anymore. Maybe they were looking for hidden marijuana fields. I am sorry to report  I have none, unless you want some oleanders bushes.

I did want to share this picture because it is just darling.

Written by: W Harley Bloodworth

~Courtesy of the AOFH~