Iguassu Falls

Iguassu Falls

Calling the Others

Writing Theme Music

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Angelia's Birds: Golden Eagles


Remember this: If you forget your camera, things appear, much to your exasperation.

I was in the midst of a bad day, so I thought I would go to the river and creep the woods. It is way better than creeping the internet and no harm done. 

I was sitting in my truck when a big shadow passed over three times. I thought it was a spirit, come to haul me off for all my good and bad deeds. I got out and looked up. Sure enough there was a couple. To add to that, they were breezing in with a clutch of vultures and a two red-tailed hawks. 

I pulled a chair out my truck and enjoyed the show. They disappeared with the air current. I walked down the river bank because it is elevated above the water level and the grass is not all over the place. 

I got deep in the bush and heard two distinct growls that sounded bearish. Was it a warning? I took it that way. Decided I didn't want to be the honey pot for the day and skee-dattled. I didn't think beating the creature to death with my flip flop would work. I thought about going back tomorrow to scavenge down the side of the river to a point,then hike back. 

I went back to my chair and they were back in full force. Birds were everywhere. This was about 5:00 pm to 6:30 pm. I was the only one down there. 

My camera is man-down, and I only have the cell phone camera. It is better than nothing. 

I visited the other place they were noted to be out. They must have migrated down the river on a hunting expedition. It has rained and is going to rain in a few hours, so the river is rising some.

I really don't have anything philosophical to add except, I have been very fortunate over my life to see the things that I have seen, even if it is not an international event. 

For God sake, if you see feathers, leave them where they lay. It is illegal to have them without a permit. 

Written by: Angelia Y Larrimore